The Mentoring Program: Getting from Where You Are
to Where You Want to Be… and Beyond!
If you are interested in working with Emily as your writing mentor, please fill out this form. You may write as much as you like; the more information the better!
Time Zone and Best Time for Emily to Call
1. How nasty and judgmental is you Inner Critic when it comes to your writing?
Rate on a scale of 1-10:
1 is I write freely and I never consider my Inner Critic
and 10 is
My Inner Critic paralyzes me.
Your rating on a scale of 1-10:
2. Why did you chose the rating above?
3. When you are given a fiction writing prompt, do you...
Mull ideas and scenarios before starting to write?
Worry that the one idea you come up won’t be very good?
Dive right in and start writing without thought?
4. Sometimes the writer’s imagination is filled with so many ideas it’s hard to keep track of them. Sometimes ideas come slowly to a writer, one at a time. This has nothing to do with whether one is a good writer or not. Please answer on a scale of 1-10: how creative ideas come to you when you sit down to write.
Ideas are not a problem for me.
They fall like rain.
I get one idea and struggle to work with that.
Your rating from 1-10:
5. Tell me more about the flow of your ideas and why your chose the rating you did.
6. What role do outlines play in your fiction writing?
I must have an outline before I begin and try hard to keep to it.
I make outlines but don’t feel constrained by them. My brain just feels happier when I have an idea of where I might be going.
I never use an outline.
7. What is your skill level as a writer? (Mark as many as apply)
I have been writing for a while
I write mainly short pieces
I write short stories of varying length
I want to write a novel.
I have started a novel but haven’t finished
I have written a novel(s)
What is your vision of creative success?
Anything else you would like to tell me...
P.O. Box 536
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
©2016 Emily Hanlon. All Rights Reserved.